Benefits of Workplace Health Screenings
We add and reinforce habits in our lives everyday – brushing our teeth first thing in the morning (let’s hope you do), committing to eat breakfast, checking social media during downtime and obviously, not all of them are good. Monitoring and investing in one’s health can become a habit, but for most it’s not that simple. Throw in work, a social life, and household chores and you’ve got an 80-hour week where wellness easily gets left behind.
With all this running around, many employees disregard doctors visits, opting to go only when symptoms arise, or worse, not at all.
Enter workplace health screenings.
These comprehensive tests offer countless benefits to both your employees and your company. Having them done onsite at your office is a new strategy in corporate wellness we’re seeing more and more businesses adopt. Check out the list below to see how onsite screenings can help your employees.
- Awareness – Some health issues are easier to identify than others. For example, you can’t “see” your bone density, but a test could indicate that you have low bone density, perhaps due to genetic factors. Workplace health screenings could detect the presence of disease or illness when a person shows no symptoms (and therefore wouldn’t have felt the need to visit a doctor). This helps them catch illness very early and take steps to prevent further complications or impending dangers, such as developing osteoporosis down the road.
- Individualization – Each person’s results are based on personal tests. Recommended interventions and programs can be tailored to the individual. Then, their progress can be tracked with each consecutive screening, allowing them to see improvement over time. It’s like their own personal health score card, and most of the time aggregate reports can be made available so your company has an overall score card too.
- Prevention – Once again, many individuals do not realize they are at risk. Screenings provide detailed information that can point out areas where they made need to focus their attention. For instance, if an employee can see that he has high blood pressure at an early stage and manage it through actions like walking and eating healthier, future ailments or worsening symptoms can be avoided.
- Convenience – Your employees work hard in and out of the office. With onsite screenings, workplace health evaluations reach your employees at a place they already are and enable them to get wellness testing without taking time out of their day. For example, at our health fairs that include seven informative screenings, employees are typically back to work within 20 minutes.
- Productivity – So, what’s in it for you as an employer? People are empowered and energized to be in control of their health and to work for a company that encourages them to do that. Increased employee health leads to improved morale and decreased absence. In fact, companies that implemented workplace wellness programs saw an average of 28% reduction in sick days and a 26% reduction in health costs! Furthermore, organization-wide health and wellness programs can aid in lowering insurance costs.
All of these items contribute to reduced and better managed work-induced stress, lower rates of absenteeism, reduced employee turnover, and increased morale. Offering these benefits to your employees can kick start a journey to better choices and a culture of wellness. Check out Cover-Tek’s wellness services today to see how you can start your journey. Trust us, your employees will thank you for it.