Five ways to live your life outdoors
When the weather gets warmer it means that it’s time to get outdoors. We want to encourage you to live your life outside as much as possible so check out some of the ways you can incorporate outdoor healthy living in your everyday life.
- Start by finding your local farmers market. This is a great way to buy local and get some fresh fruits and vegetables. Get out and enjoy some social time as well and get those steps in while walking around. It’s a great way to socialize and meet some people in your local area too. People are always in a good mood at the farmer’s market.
- Brown bag your lunch and eat outside. If you don’t have time to pack your lunch, try and find a place for some great local food that you can enjoy outside. Either order takeout and enjoy it at a park or hit up a food truck. Food trucks have become increasingly popular and sometimes you can even find one with some healthy options.
- Plant a garden. Growing your own veggies and herbs can save you a lot of money when it comes to fresh produce. In fact, according to this article from U.S. News, you can save over $500 on food alone. Start simple by planting just a few vegetables and herbs in a raised garden bed. Here’s how.
- Get outside and go for a walk! Are there any trails in your area? Take a walk and find a destination that you have never been to before, there is always something left to be discovered. Use an app like Map My Fitness to create routes and determine mileage. Or use a Google search to find your nearest trails. Here’s a great site we found just by doing that.
- Have a bike? Ride it to work. More and more towns have been implementing bike lanes making it safe and easy to ride your bike to your destination. Live in a larger city or metro area? Combine public transportation with biking. Most buses and trains can carry your bike as well.
These are just a few different things that you could do to get more active outside, everyone has their own schedule so find what works for you. What do you do to get outside and live a health life?